Friday 14 March 2014

Decision time

Well hello there. How are you?


Things have happened. I went to Manchester. It was great. Then today I got offered two jobs. They are very different and I have to make a decision. I'm now sitting on a train somewhere between Manchester and Edinburgh thinking about my options.

Job A sounds very exciting, but means that I would have to move away. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but doesn't have a very good salary.

Job B probably has better salary and I wouldn't have to move. I would also get experience in the field I needed.

But the job I needed the experience for is basically job A. So now I need to decide whether I want to jump straight into it or whether I postpone it and take the other job. That job is not bad either, I've applied for it several times before.

Jumps to unknown are easier to do when it doesn't mean a long-distance relationship.




Any advice or words of wisdom?

2 comments:

  1. Kuinka pitkäksi aikaa pitäisi muuttaa? Oma kokemukseni on, että kaukosuhteen kyllä kestää, kun tietää, että se on väliaikaista ja tietää myös suunnilleen, kuinka pitkään sitä pitää kestää. Ja jos suhde ei kestä kaukosuhdevaihetta, se ei mitä todennäköisimmin olisi kestänyt muutenkaan. Eihän se nyt kivaa ole, mutta tuo matka on vielä sellainen, että voi nähdä toista vähän useammin kuin parin kuukauden välein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No se muutto olisi alustavasti ollut vuodeksi. Mutta senkin jälkeen toki jatko olisi ollut vähän epävarmaa. Ajattelin itse myös, että kyllähän suhteen on kestettävä kaukojakso, jos on kestääkseen. Kuitenkin tosiaan päädyin tuohon lähisuhdevaihtoehtoon, mutta vaihdoin kyllä mieltäni tosi monta kertaa ennen sitä!

      Delete