Monday 8 December 2014

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas..."

You better watch out, you better not cry,



"...he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake!"



Sorry. That was probably too creepy.


But basically I just wanted to tell you that I have a new Christmas CD!

This is the first Christmas I have a Christmas CD! Before I've always listened to death metal or Emilie Autumn's joyous songs such as this one:


But it's not a particularly Christmassy song.

But I'm very into Mindy Gledhill's music and when I discovered that she has a Christmas song CD, I felt that it was important for my Christmas spirit to order it all the way from California! It arrived this week and I've been listening to it everyday.

Oh look, I took a picture of it with my phone.

There are several classic Christmas songs and also a few of Mindy's own ones, including the song "Winter Moon" which the album is named after. 

The track list looks like this:

1. Santa Claus is coming to town
2. O Come All Ye Faithful
3. Christmas Waltz
4. Patapan / O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
5. Little Saint Nick
6. Toyland / White Christmas
7. Winter Moon
8. Little Soldier
9. The Christmas Song
10. Silent Night

This is my favourite Christmas music! 

Here, have a wee listen yourself:



This year I've actually been really early with Christmas. I resisted putting the Christmas tree up until 22nd November. I had then been dreaming of having a Christmas tree up for a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately that's almost all the decorating I got to do since we had forgotten to take some of our decorations down last year and they were already up. Has that ever happened to you?

But I'm so into Christmas this year! I haven't really even been excited about Christmas before, and this year I'm not even sure what I'm going to do for Christmas. But this year it hasn't been just about waiting for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This year it's been about all the songs and the smells and preparation. And the general good mood while waiting for Christmas.

What am I waiting for?

I'm waiting for some Finnish Christmas baked tasty things. Christmas stars (joulutorttu) and ginger bread biscuits (piparkakku). The links will take you to recipies in English. I haven't tried out this recipies but the pictures look accurate.

But yeah, mostly I just looking forward to eating good food and enjoying peacefulness. Candles and some good coffee. Maybe I'll even try to read a book.

O Sing, choirs of angels,
Sing in exultation,
Sing all that hear in heaven God's holy word!

No comments:

Post a Comment